Your pores play a critical role in keeping your skin healthy. They provide your skin with natural oil that’s needed to keep it soft and supple. But sometimes your pores can become enlarged due to buildup, age and other factors. As a result, they’re much more noticeable and unsightly on your otherwise clear complexion.
To help minimize large pores, use the following men’s skincare suggestions:
1. Keep your pores clear. Washing your face daily with a detoxifying face wash which helps reduce the buildup of dead skin cells and other debris that can result in enlarged pores. A face wash can also help treat existing acne breakouts in guys and help soothe inflamed skin.
2. Use a facial exfoliate to control oil levels. Big pores usually produce a lot of oil, so applying an exfoliate at least once a week can help you manage oil levels, minimize pores and get acne breakouts under control. It will also helps absorb impurities to help your skin look young and revitalized.
3. Try a face buff brush. While a face wash works well on its own, you can give your skin a deeper clean and minimize pores by also using a face buff brush. An exfoliating cleansing brush with soft bristles helps loosen impurities, making them easier to wash away with your liquid facial cleanser. As a result, there’s less buildup to clog your pores and enlarge them.
4. Incorporate a face tonic into your skincare routine. A face tonic for men is scientifically designed with advanced skincare ingredients like glycolic acid to promote healthy-looking skin and minimize the appearance of pores. The alpha hydroxy acids found in a face tonic not only clear pores but also delay and reduce the appearance of aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Avoid overusing your skincare products. Use your skincare products only as directed to prevent irritation and redness associated with overuse. Although you may be tempted to wash your face five times a day to keep it clean, don’t do it unless you want to end up with red, itchy skin. Always stick to the instructions on the label and consult a dermatologist before using any skincare product if you have a history of skin problems.